TIGERVILLE, S.C. -- Andie Meredith tallied a career-high 20 kills and three players registered a double-double leading Belmont Abbey to a come-from-behind 3-2 (25-22, 27-29, 23-25, 25-16, 15-5) victory over North Greenville Saturday afternoon.
With its 15th win in 17 outings, The Abbey (15-11, 10-1) guaranteed a home match in the Conference Carolinas Tournament quarterfinals on Nov. 19. NGU falls to 16-12, 8-4.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Meredith hit .500 overall with 20 kills against just four errors in 32 attempts. She also had four block assists.
- Mackenzie Chrapliwy recorded 10 kills and 12 digs, while Hailey Ryan chipped in 10 kills and 21 digs.
- Cassidy Bonito season-high 55 assists and 12 digs. It marked the fifth time in her career that she has topped 50 and was just three shy of her career high (vs. Lees-McRae last year).
- Bonito just missed her seventh triple-double of the season with nine kills.
- Carie Jane Valentine posted 10 kills and four blocks (two solo, two assists).
- Paige Rawlins added 14 digs and five assists.
- After forcing a fifth set, the visitors rattled off the first seven points of the decider to seize control.
- Belmont Abbey plays its final regular-season game on the schedule Wednesday night.
- The Crusaders welcome Limestone to the Wheeler Center in a matchup of the top two teams in the East Division.