CENTRAL, S.C. -- Eight different players recorded kills with five totalling at least five, leading Belmont Abbey to a 3-0 (25-17, 25-12, 25-17) sweep of Southern Wesleyan in Conference Carolinas women's volleyball action Wednesday night. With the win -- their 14th in the last 16 matches -- the Crusader (14-11, 9-1) move into a tie with Limestone for first place in the East Division.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Andie Meredith led the offensive attack with nine kills and a .467 hitting percentage. She also had three digs and two blocks.
- Carie Jane Valentine hit .412 with eight kills, while chipping in three blocks.
- Cassidy Bonito registered 33 assists and five digs to go along with seven kills against no errors.
- Lanie Healey and Hailey Ryan tallied six and five kills, respectively.
- Paige Rawlins posted 14 digs and four aces, both team-bests.
- Mackenzie Chrapliwy reached double figures in digs with 12.
- The Abbey hit .367, just one percentage point off its season high vs. UNC-Pembroke. It also held Southern Wesleyan to an .034 clip.
- Belmont Abbey continues its road swing through the South Carolina Upstate on Saturday.
- The Crusaders face North Greenville at 2 p.m. in Tigerville.