FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Belmont Abbey dropped a pair of matches Friday at the Shark Invitational hosted by Nova Southeastern. The Crusaders fell to No. 22 Wayne State 3-0 (25-14, 25-11, 25-19) and Florida Tech 3-0 (25-15, 25-21, 25-19).
- Mackenzie Chrapliwy tallied seven kills and 15 digs
- Cassidy Bonito returned to the lineup with a team-high 24 assists and five digs.
- Wayne State, ranked No. 22 in the nation, outhit the Crusaders .347 to .079
- Chrapliwy and Caitlyn Faber led the offensive attack with eight kills each, while Baylea Botello added seven
- Bonito registered 32 assists and eight digs
- Paige Rawlins led the defensive effort with a career-high 19 digs
- Belmont Abbey wraps up play tomorrow with a pair of matches
- The Crusaders face Valdosta State at 9:30 a.m. and host Nova Southeastern at 5 p.m.