CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Belmont Abbey wrapped up its opening weekend of volleyball action with a pair of matches at the Queens Fall Classic. The Crusaders dropped a tight 3-2 (26-28, 25-10, 25-22, 22-25, 15-8) decision to Lander early in the day before a 3-0 (25-23, 25-10, 25-19) setback against Lenoir-Rhyne.
- Belmont Abbey forced a fifth set with a 25-22 win in the fourth.
- The Crusaders needed extra points to win the opening set 28-26.
- Caitlyn Faber had her second straight double-double with 42 assists and 17 digs. She also had seven kills and seven block assists.
- Mackenzie Chrapliwy also had a double-double of 11 kills and 15 digs.
- Three other Crusaders reached double figures in digs -- Kailey Ryan with 14, Hailey Ryan with 12 and Paige Rawlins with 10.
- Andie Meredith tallied 13 kills.
- Faber just missed a double-double with 23 assists and nine digs
- Kailey Ryan led the Crusaders with 13 digs, while Hailey Ryan had 12.
- Meredith led the offensive attack with nine kills, hitting .286.
- The Crusaders hit just .008 in the contest.
- Belmont Abbey continues tournament play with a trip to Nova Southeastern for the Shark Invitational.
- The Crusaders face Wayne State (Neb.), Florida Tech, Valdosta State and the hosts on Friday and Saturday.