MONTREAT, N.C. -- Freshman Cameron Davis set new school records in the long jump and high jump, highlighting Belmont Abbey's participation Saturday at the Montreat Invitational.
Davis finished second in the high jump, clearing 1.59 meters (5'-2.5"). She topped her own record of 1.58, set earlier this year. In the long jump, she leaped 5.10 meters on her second attempt to place fifth. The previous record had stood sicne 2014.
- Julia Otranto set a new personal best in the 800 meters. She placed third with a time of 2:19.15. Keely Weber finished 17th in the event, running a time of 2:31.81.
- Annie Hetzel posted a Conference Carolinas Championship qualifying mark of 20:30.71 in the 5,000 meters. Taylor Rusnak was 16th in 22:40.08
- Savannah Lamb earned a pair of top finishes in hurdles action. She qualified for the conference meet in the 100 (7th, 16.32) before a 10th-place standing in the 400 (1:13.35)
- I'Nayja Hardy was 14th in the 400 Hurdles (1:24.81)
- Theresa Wilson earned a spot in the 3000 Steeplechase race for the conference meet, finishing eighth at 13:58.93.
- The 4x100 relay team of Hardy, Davis, Lamb and Maya McQune placed fifth (52.65).
- Genevieve Hickin was fifth in the pole vault, jumping 2.60 meters (8'-6.25").
- Katherine Rojas placed 12th in the long jump at 4.63m.
- Jillian Culbertson finished 18th in the javelin (20.71m/67'-11")
- Belmont Abbey competes at Elon's Phoenix Invitational next weekend.