BANNER ELK, N.C. - Laura Seib earned a three-set win at #3 singles, and the Belmont Abbey women's tennis team earned a 5-2 win at Lees-McRae College this afternoon. The victory moves The Abbey to 6-10 on the season, including a 3-2 conference record. The Bobcats dipped to 9-9 overall, and 1-3 in conference play.
How it Happened
- Seib and Carlie Davis earned their team-leading third conference victories of the year with a three-set win at #3 singles for Seib, and a two-set win by Davis at #4 singles
- Seib paired up with Erica Dorn at #2 doubles, and the duo earned their team-leading third conference victory of the season together
- Belmont Abbey has now won four straight matches against the Bobcats
Belmont Abbey 5, Lees-McRae 2
1. Teagan McNamara (BAC) def. Sandy Allen (LMC) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
2. Talia Semaan (BAC) def. Nursharneem Shamsuddin (LMC) 7-6, 4-6, 7-5
3. Laura Seib (BAC) def. Zeynep Cakirer (LMC) 4-6, 6-3, 6-0
4. Carlie Davis (BAC) def. Mackenzie Langmade (LMC) 6-2, 7-6
5. Rebecca Pierce (LMC) def. Morgan Nguyen (BAC) by default
6. Erica Dorn (BAC) def. Jaden Acklin (LMC) 6-4, 6-2
1. Sandy Allen / Nursharneem Shamsuddin (LMC) def. Darian DeFrench / Teagan McNamara (BAC) 6-3
2. Erica Dorn / Laura Seib (BAC) def. Zeynep Cakirer / Mackenzie Langmade (LMC) 6-3
3. Jaden Acklin / Rebecca Pierce (LMC) def. Blair Boatright / Morgan Zahnd (BAC) 6-1
Belmont Abbey will go to King University tomorrow for a 2:30 p.m. match.