BELMONT, N.C. - Goose Andrews scored the game-winner of Belmont Abbey's 2-0 Conference Carolinas Quarterfinal victory this afternoon over number 7 seed Chowan University. The win moves The Abbey to 11-4-3 on the season, and puts the Crusaders in a semifinals contest.
How it Happened
- Andrews only needed 2:31 into the contest to put the Crusaders in front. The Crusaders did not give up the lead the rest of the way
- At halftime, the Crusaders led 1-0 and had outshot the Hawks 10-7
- The Crusaders kept the offensive pressure high in the second, continuing to outshhot Chowan
- In the last five minutes of the contest, Morgan Patton gave The Abbey an insurance goal, capping off the 2-0 victory
- Lauryn Harding made six saves in goal
Belmont Abbey will play in the semifinals against the Southern Wesleyan - Mount Olive winner.