FLORENCE, S.C. – The Belmont Abbey women's soccer team lost 1-0 at Francis Marion University this evening. With the loss, the Crusaders finish the season with a 10-4-3 record. The Patriots move to 8-7-1.
How it Happened
- Tatiana Daugherty got the first shot of the night for the Crusaders, in the 10th minute
- The teams were tied 0-0 at halftime, with the Crusader defense limiting the Patriots to seven shots in the period
- The defense continued to hold up, until the 70th minute, when the Patriots tallied the first goal of the contest
- Cassidy Calhoun led The Abbey with five shots
- Lauryn Harding made eight saves in goal
Belmont Abbey will welcome number 7 seed Chowan on Saturday, November 9 for an 11:30 a.m. match in Conference Carolinas Quarterfinal action.