BELMONT, N.C. - Goose Andrews scored twice against today against Erksine, and Belmont Abbey improved its record to 9-3-2 on the year, including a 7-1-1 Conference Carolinas record. Erksine is now 4-8-1 overall, and 2-6-1 in conference play. With the win, Belmont Abbey clinched a home game in the Conference Carolinas Quarterfinal round.
How it Happened
- Erskine took the lead 10 minutes into the contest, but it was the only goal the Crusader defense gave up
- In the 19th minute, Andrews leveled the score at one, which would be the score at halftime
- It did not take Belmont Abbey long in the second to get multiple corners, good shots, and in the 65th minute a 2-1 lead from Allyson Elliott
- Elliott set up Andrews for an insurance goal late in the contest to seal the 3-1 victory for The Abbey
- Lauryn Harding made five saves in goal
- As a unit, Belmont Abbey outshot Erskine 16-9. The Crusaders took 11 corner kicks, to three for the Flying Fleet
Belmont Abbey will visit Mount Olive on Wednesday, October 30 for a 7 p.m. contest.