MURFREESBORO, N.C. - Marin Felsoci scored five times and won seven draw controls, helping the Belmont Abbey women's lacrosse team to a 19-3 win at Chowan this afternoon. With the victory, The Abbey improves to 5-4 on the year, with a 3-1 Conference Carolinas mark. The Hawks are now 0-7 on the year, with a conference record of 0-6. Belmont Abbey played a man up the entire game.
How it Heppened
- It took Felsoci less than a minute into the game to put The Abbey on the board
- Kylie Eastman registered three goals over the next four and a half minutes to put the Crusaders in front 5-0
- Next was Madison Eberhardt with a goal, followed by an assist to Felsoci. Felsoci scored three more goals in the half
- The stubborn Crusader defense did not give up a goal until the 3:55 mark, by which time The Abbey led 15-1. At halftime, the Crusaders held a 16-2 lead
- In the second half it was Jenna Niedzwiedzki scoring first on a pass from Katie Cavanaugh
- Eberhardt capped off the scoring, while the defensive unit did not allow a Hawks goal over the last 20 minutes of the contest
- On the day, Felsoci was the Crusaders' leader offensively, with five goals and seven draw controls, both game-highs
- Eastman chipped in three goals and two assists
- The Abbey's defensive unit caused eight Chowan turnovers
- As a unit, Belmont Abbey outshot Chowan 39-9 and won 18 draw controls, to the Hawks' five
Belmont Abbey will visit Saint Leo on Tuesday, March 19 for a 7 p.m. contest.