CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Marin Felsoci tallied three goals and an assist, but the Belmont Abbey Women's Lacrosse team dropped an 18-8 decision at Queens this afternoon. The Abbey now stands at 1-3 on the season, while Queens moves to 1-1.
How it Happened
- Jenna Niedzwiedzki scored the first Crusader goal of the day off a pass from Felsoci just 3:27 into the game
- With 10:49 to play in the half, Kylie Eastman found Katherine Haenlein for a score to make it a 12-3 game
- On the defensive side, The Abbey forced Queens into an 11-minute scoring drought, and the Royals led 14-3 at halftime
- Seven and a half minutes into the second, Felsoci found the back of the net, her 12th goal of the season. Madison Eberhardt made it a 16-5 game just one minute later
- Eastman found Felsoci for a score at the 8:45 mark, then capped off the game with a goal with a minute to play, as Queens wrapped up the 18-8 win
- On the day, Felsoci scored three goals and handed one assist. Eastman scored a goal, while handing out four assists
- Marissa Laidley caused three Queens turnovers, a team-high
Belmont Abbey will play its first conference game of the season when it hosts Lees-McRae College on Wednesday, February 27 for a 3 p.m. contest.