BELMONT, N.C. -- Andrew Kohut and Liam Maxwell each reached double figures in kills, powering Belmont Abbey to a 3-0 Conference Carolinas men's volleyball victory over Lees-McRae Tuesday night at the Wheeler Center.
The Crusaders (10-8, 5-5) hit .389 as a team, the second-highest total of the season and best in league play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kohut tallied 12 kills and just three errors for a .429 percentage, reaching double figures for the sixth time this year. He also
- Maxwell hit at a .588 clip, registering 11 kills and one error in 17 chances. He also had two assists and six digs.
- Brennan Davis was credited with 30 assists and four digs, while also earning a pair of block assists.
- Drew Sims led the Bobcats (2-15, 0-11) with eight kills. Lees McRae hit just .061 in the contest.
- In the opening set, Belmont Abbey broke a 7-7 tie with back-to-back points that started an 8-2 run. Later, with the score 17-13, the Crusaders scored eight of the last 10 points to close out the set.
- Lees-McRae led 9-8 in the second, but The Abbey used an 8-1 run to seize control.
- In the final set, BAC started out with three straight points and never trailed. An 8-3 run after a 15-10 sealed the win.
- After playing five matches in nine days, including each of the last two, Belmont Abbey takes a few days off before hosting Lincoln Memorial on Saturday.
- The contest will be the middle of a five-game homestand.