WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Matthew Difrancesco set new school records in the 60- and 200-meter dashes, highlighting Belmont Abbey's participation at the 2019 Conference Carolinas Men's Indoor Track and Field Championship, held Sunday at the JDL Fast Track.
Difrancesco posted two times better than the previous school standard of 7.12 seconds. He won his heat with a preliminary mark of 7.04 to qualify in sixth, then ran 7.06 to place fifth in the final. Later, he placed fourth in the 200 meters, running a time of 22.31.
As a team, Belmont Abbey finished ninth with 19 points.
- Aspen Dillard also placed first in his 200-meter section.
- Dimarcus Vilcheck and Marvelous Okonne won their sections of the 400.
- Daniel Grosch and Thomas Eichorn finished 1-2 in their 800-meter heat.
- Nick Snell won the first section of the mile run.
- Difrancesco, Vilcheck, Okonne and James Thierfelder teamed to place sixth in the 4x400.
- Thomas Eichorn and Daeton Byars teamed with Vilcheck and Thierfelder to place fourth in the distance medley relay.
- Dominic Pautler placed seventh in the long jump (6.75m/22-1.75).
- The outdoor schedule begins March 16 at UNC Charlotte's 49ers Classic Invitational.