The Belmont Abbey men's tennis team played at Johnson C. Smith, and defeated the Golden Bulls 8-1. Then it traveled up the road to Pfeiffer and defeated the Falcons 5-4. The two wins put The Abbey at 19-11 on the season and 9-0 in Conference Carolinas play. Johnson C. Smith moved to 2-12, while Pfeiffer dipped to 6-10 overall and 2-6 in conference play.
In the J.C. Smith match, senior Nikhil Reddy Amaresh earned a 6-0, 6-0 shutout at #1 singles. Freshman Joseph Horne was also strong, as he got a 6-1, 6-0 win at the #2 singles spot. Will Bezy won at #6 6-0, 6-1.
1. Nikhil Reddy Amaresh (BAC) def. Tarick Miller(JCSU) 6-0, 6-0
2. Joseph Horne (BAC) def. Bradley Girgorio (JCSU) 6-1, 6-0
3. Marlowe Anderson (JCSU) def. Thomas Rowzie (BAC) 6-0, 6-1
4. Darian Diaz (BAC) def. Robert Andrews (JCSU) 6-4, 4-6, 10-4
5. Mike Nguyen (BAC) def. Gerald Miller (JCSU) 6-1, 6-4
6. Will Bezy (BAC) def. Eric Lopez (JCSU) 6-0, 6-1
1. Tomas Pardo/Michal Rapsik (BAC) def. Marlowe Anderson/Tarick Miller (JCSU) 8-1
2. Darian Diaz/Nikhil Reddy Amaresh (BAC) def. Anthony Jefferson/Bradley Girgorio (JCSU) 8-1
3. Isaiah Cole/Mike Nguyen (BAC) def. Robert Andrews/Gerald Miller (JCSU) 8-5
In the Pfeiffer match, the Crusaders took two of the three doubles matches, highlighted by an 8-0 shutout by Pardo and Rapsik at the #3 spot. Zachary Blythe and Grant Goldin teamed up for an 8-3 win at #2.
Blythe also had a very quick #5 singles match, which he won 6-2, 6-1. Carlos Nolasco had the quickest victory, a 6-2, 6-0 win at #6 singles.
1. Axel Woerner (PFEI) def. Juan Baez (BAC) 6-1, 6-4
2. Bjorn Barwinski (PFEI) def. Grant Goldin (BAC) 6-3, 6-4
3. Thomas Hubble (PFEI) def. JamesDelaney (BAC) 4-6, 6-4, 7-6
4. George Barfoot (BAC) def. Raul Ruiz (PFEI) 6-1, 6-3
5. Zachary Blythe (BAC) def. Eduan Louw (PFEI) 6-2, 6-1
6. Carlos Nolasco (BAC) def. Bradley Batten (PFEI) 6-2, 6-0
1. Bjorn Barwinski/Thomas Hubble (PFEI) def. George Barfoot/James Delaney (BAC) 8-7
2. Zachary Blythe/Grant Goldin (BAC) def. Raul Ruiz/Axel Woerner (PFEI) 8-3
3. Tomas Pardo/Michal Rapsik (BAC) Eduan Louw/Brandon Marchant (PFEI) def. 8-0
Belmont Abbey will next compete on Tuesday, April 11 in its final day of the regular season. It will visit William Peace and conference opponent Mt. Olive. Both matches will begin at 2 p.m.