MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. – Nine Belmont Abbey players scored a goal and the Crusader Men's Lacrosse team earned an 11-6 victory at number 3 seed Mount Olive this afternoon. With the win, The Abbey improves its record to 14-2 on the year. The Trojans are now 12-4.
How it Happened
- Right from the start the Crusader defense did an excellent job of limiting the Trojans' scoring opportunities, as UMO only got three shots on goal on The Abbey in the first quarter
- At the 6:29 mark, James Booth got Belmont Abbey on the board, and the Crusaders led 1-0 when the first quarter expired
- The offense on both sides picked up in the second. At one point, BAC scored three goals in a 2:12 span, capped by a Noah Haas score
- Luke Spanier capped off the Crusader scoring in the period with a goal at the 2:38 mark
The defense also closed out the quarter strong, giving up just one goal in the last eight minutes of the half. The Abbey led 5-3 at halftime
- It only took Bailey Williams a minute and a half into the third to score a man-up goal. Austin Hasen closed out the period with a goal off a pass from Noah Haas, to give the Crusaders a 9-5 lead heading into the final period
- Hasen scored again just a minute into the fourth. Anthony Cesario caused three turnovers in the last four minutes, and the Crusaders wrapped up the 11-6 victory.
- On the day, Noah Haas scored a goal and handed out two assists to lead the Crusaders in points. He also picked up a game-high seven ground balls
- Defensively, Cesario led the Crusaders with three caused turnovers. He also picked up four ground balls
- Bryce Gifford made 13 saves on 19 shots faced
Belmont Abbey will face the number 1 seed Limestone on Sunday at 1 p.m. for the Conference Carolinas Championship.