BELMONT, N.C. - Noah Haas scored five goals to lead the #6-ranked Belmont Abbey Men's Lacrosse team to a 24-6 victory this afternoon against Emmanuel. With the win, the Crusaders finish the regular season with a 13-2 record, including 6-1 in conference. The Lions finish their regular season 4-11, including a 2-5 mark.
How it Happened
- Liam Osborne scored the first goal of the game, off a pass from Collin Grippo. Just a minute and a half later, he scored a man-up goal for an early 2-0 Abbey lead
- Later in the half, Haas scored two goals in a row for the Crusaders, off passes from Osborne and James Booth
- With 36 seconds remaining in the quarter, Booth found Osborne for a score and a 6-0 lead when the period expired
- Haas scored the first two goals of the second, to put The Abbey in front 8-0. James Booth would find Ty Tom for a goal, before scoring a goal of his own at the 3:59 to give the Crusaders a 13-0 lead before Emmanuel scored its first goal
- Haas closed out The Abbey's scoring in the half, and the Crusaders held a 14-1 lead at halftime. BAC outshot the Lions in the half 38-7
- Bailey Williams opened the third quarter with a man-up goal on a pass from Osborne. Ben Utrosa scored at the 1:20 mark, then found Brett Oor for a goal to close out the third, and put The Abbey in front 21-3 heading into the final period
- In the fourth Joey Boros scored twice and Zach Hahn tallied a score to wrap up the 24-6 win
- On the day, Haas scored five goals and handed out an assist to lead The Abbey offensively. Booth tallied three goals and three assists
- On the defensive side, BAC forced Emmanuel to commit 20 turnovers
- The Crusaders won 27 of the game's 33 faceoffs. Dylan went 10-13; Brady Smith was 9-12, while Zach Stephenson won all eight of his faceoffs
Belmont Abbey will either host a Conference Carolinas Quarterfinal game on Tuesday, April 23 or receive a first-round bye, depending on the results of this weekend's games elsewhere in Conference Carolinas.