TIGERVILLE, S.C. - Liam Osborne scored five points and handed out an assist in a 15-9 Belmont Abbey Men's Lacrosse victory at North Greenville this evening. The #4-ranked BAC improves to 4-0 on the year, and 1-0 in Conference Carolinas play. North Greenville is now 0-4 and 0-1 in conference play.
How it Happened
- The teams spent a lot of the first quarter trading goals, until Osborne broke a 2-2 tie with a goal at the 5:00 mark, then found Austin Hasen for a score just two minutes later. BAC led 4-3 when the quarter ended
- Early in the second, the teams again went back and forth. This time, it was Jack Pigott breaking a 5-5 tie with 5:44 left in the half, and Liam Osborne adding a goal at the 1:28 mark to give The Abbey a 7-5 lead at halftime
- On the defensive end, Belmont Abbey did not give up a goal over the last 6:27 of the quarter
- James Booth found the back of the net just 2:38 into the third, while Noah Haas added another goal less than a minute later for a 9-5 Abbey lead
- Belmont Abbey held a 10-7 advantage heading into the final period
- It only took Sean Hanrahan 26 seconds into the fourth to tally a goal, and Hasen added another shortly after for a 12-7 Abbey lead
- NGU scored two goals to make it a 12-9 lead with 11:22 in the game. It was the last goal Belmont Abbey would give up. Osborne scored at the 5:24 mark, and again with 59 seconds off a pass from Booth to wrap up a 15-9 Belmont Abbey victory
- On the night, Osborne was the BAC offensive leader, with five goals and an assist
- Hasen added three goals, while Hanrahan finished with two goals and two assists
- Defensively, BAC forced North Greenville to commit 16 turnovers. Also, The Abbey only gave up eight shots in the fourth quarter
- Dylan Harmon won seven faceoffs for The Abbey, while Zach Stephenson won six
Belmont Abbey will visit Barton College on Tuesday, February 26 for a 4 p.m. contest.