Posted: Nov 08, 2019
BELMONT, N.C. -- Seven players topped double figures, lifting new head coach Dan Ficke to his first career win, 122-95 over Mars Hill Friday night in the Hampton Inn by Hilton Tipoff Classic. The 120 points were tied for the third-most ever scored by a Crusader team and tied for the second-highest output in the history of the Wheeler Center.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dequan Abrom led the Crusaders with 25 points with Romeao Ferguson also topping 20 with 22.
- Newcomers Bosko Bojovic and Ryan Shaffer each tallied 13 points, while Sean Halloran had 12 points and four assists.
- Charles Solomon and Tyler Wilson added 11 each with four others also adding points in the barrage.
- Solomon, a freshman, was the leading rebounder with 13 for his first career double-double, while Ferguson added nine assists and three steals.
- Belmont Abbey tallied 68 points after intermission.
- The Crusaders outshot the Lions 54.4 percent to 46.2 percent overall with The Abbey hitting 66.7 percent (24 of 36) after intermission.
- The rebounding advantage went to the Crusaders, 52 to 27.
- Belmont Abbey never trailed in the contest, although there were three ties.
- Belmont Abbey returns to action tomorrow night against Wingate as the challenge continues. Tipoff is set for 7:30.
- Wingate defeated Limestone 90-65 in the opening contest.