WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Belmont Abbey had four players in double figures Friday night as the Crusaders wrapped up their 2018-19 exhibition schedule with a 106-74 setback at Atlantic Coast Conference member Wake Forest. Sean Halloran led the way with 14 points, hitting three field goals and all six free throws.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In addition to Halloran, Ben Ferguson hit four threes for 12 points, while DeQuan Abrom and Romeao Ferguson each tallied 10 points.
- Halloran also dished out seven assists, while Abrom was the rebounding leader with four.
- The Crusaders shot 41.7 percent in the contest, compared to 50.7 for the Demon Deacons.
- Belmont Abbey forced 15 turnovers, while committing 18.
- Wake Forest used its size advantage to force 34 fouls. They made 34 of 47 at the line, while the Abbey hit 16 of its 20 attempts.
- Belmont Abbey opens regular-season play a week from tonight when it takes on Wingate in the Conference Carolinas/SAC Showdown.