BUIES CREEK, N.C. -- DeQuan Abrom and Romeao Ferguson each topped double figures, leading Belmont Abbey in its first action of the 2018-19 season on Saturday. The Crusaders traveled to Campbell for the action and played the Camels to an 83-56 decision.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Abrom tallied 15 points and four assists. He hit seven of eight free throws.
- Ferguson had 13 points, while also posting team highs in rebounds (eight) and assists (five). The sophomore transfer from Lincoln Memorial played 31 minutes, most on the team.
- Belmont Abbey hit just 31.8 percent in the first half, but warmed up to 43.5 percent after intermission.
- The Crusaders made 16 of 22 (72.7 percent) overall from the free-throw line
- Campbell shot 54.2 percent in the contest, putting three players in double figures.
- Belmont Abbey has a second exhibition before the season begins in earnest. It travels to ACC member Wake Forest on Friday night.