GAFFNEY, S.C. -- Camrynn Aiello and Abbey Playle gave Belmont Abbey leads, but Limestone answered for a 3-2 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas field hockey win Friday night. The result was the slimmest margin in the seven-match series history.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Aiello opened the scoring on a pass from Bizzy Baumeierjust 4:41 into the contest.
- The Saints answered less than four minutes later, but Playle tallied her first career goal at the 1:05 mark of the second quarter.
- The home team answered before halftime, then tallied the game-winner with 2:41 left in the third.
- Limestone had a 17-5 advantage in shots and an 11-4 lead in penalty corners
- Paige Hinds made eight saves in goals
- Belmont Abbey continues league play with a trip to first-year program Mount Olive on Wednesday.