BELMONT, N.C. -- Mackenzie Chrapliwy had a career-high 24 kills and 12 digs, lifting Belmont Abbey to a 3-2 (25-16, 23-25, 25-22, 20-25, 15-10) victory over Lees-McRae Tuesday in the final regular-season home match. Belmont Abbey improves to 18-9, 9-2 with its 16th victory in its last 19 outings. Lees-McRae falls to 7-18 overall and 3-7 in league play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Chrapliwy hit .328 with only five errors in 58 attempts. Carie Jane Valentine tallied 11 kills with Lydia Sale adding nine.
- Cassidy Bonito totalled 58 assists and 13 digs.
- Two other Crusaders reached double figures in digs -- Sarah Kennedy with 31 and Bonito with 13.
- Belmont Abbey hit .228 in the contest.
- Belmont Abbey finishes the regular season with three straight road games. The trip begins with a key matchup at King on Friday night.