BELMONT, N.C. - Blair Boatright earned a 6-3, 6-0 win at #6 singles, though the Belmont Abbey women's tennis team lost the match 6-1 to Anderson. The setback puts The Abbey at 2-4 this season. The Trojans improve to 6-1.
How it Happened
- Boatright's 6-3, 6-0 win was the lone victory for the Crusaders. It was also her first first win of the season
- Carlie Davis forced a third set in #3 singles
Anderson 6, Belmont Abbey 1
1. Laura Dean (AU) def. Teagan McNamara (BAC) 6-1, 6-2
2. Mirna Curcic (AU) def. Laura Seib (BAC) 6-1, 6-2
3. Anna Tarlouskaya (AU) def. Carlie Davis (BAC) 6-2, 4-6, 11-9
4. Jacqueline Olivia (AU) def. Erica Dorn (BAC) 6-3, 6-0
5. Hannah Weaver (AU) def. Darian DeFrench (BAC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Blair Boatright (BAC) def. Cameron Blanchard (AU) 6-3, 6-0
1. Laura Dean / Mirna Curcic (AU) def. Teagan McNamara / Talia Semaan (BAC) 6-2
2. Jacqueline Olivia / Anna Tarlouskaya (AU) def. Blair Boatright / Morgan Zahnd (BAC) 6-3
3. Cameron Blanchard / Hannah Weaver (AU) def. Morgan Nguyen / Jessica Pienta (BAC) 6-2
Belmont Abbey will visit Catawba College tomorrow at 10 a.m.