SUMTER, S.C. - Zachary Blythe earned a 6-1, 6-1 victory at #2 singles to clinch the 5-0 shutout over North Greenville. The win improves The Abbey's record to 15-19 on the season.
The scoring started when Blythe and Henrique Leal earned an 8-0 shutout at #2 doubles. Then Andres Astudillo and Jose Disotuar won a tiebreaker, 8-7 to make it a 2-0 lead for BAC. George Delaney and George Barfoot finished off the doubles sweep with am 8-5 victory at #1.
Carlos Nolasco was the first to get a singles win, as he earned a 6-1, 6-4 win at #4. It wasn't long after that Blythe took the 6-1, 6-1 victory at #2 to clinch the win for The Abbey.
Belmont Abbey will face #1 seed Limestone tomorow.
Belmont Abbey 5, North Greenville 0
1. James Delaney (BAC) vs. Dion Nijboer (NGU) 3-6, unfinished
2. Zachary Blythe (BAC) def. Alex de la Torre (NGU) 6-1, 6-1
3. George Barfoot (BAC) vs. Yannis Moulod (NGU) 6-4, unfinished
4. Jose Disotuar (BAC) vs. vs. Pierre Bedard (NGU) 6-3, unfinished
5. Carlos Nolasco (BAC) def. Giacomo Garini (NGU) 6-1, 6-4
6. Reinaldo Golindano (BAC) vs. Austin Schlarb (NGU) 6-1, unfinished
order of finish: 5,2
1. George Barfoot / James Delaney (BAC) def. Giacomo Garini / Dion Nijboer (NGU) 8-5
2. Zachary Blythe / Henrique Leal (BAC) def. Alex de la Torre / Yannis Moulod (NGU) 8-0
3. Andres Astudillo / Jose Disotuar (BAC) def. Giacomo Garini / Austin Schlarb (NGU) 8-7 (2)
order of finish: 2,3,1