GAFFNEY, S.C. - Sophomore Zachary Blythe got wins for The Abbey in both his singles and doubles matches, but the Crusaders lost a 7-2 decision at Limestone College this afternoon. The Crusaders finish the 2018 season with a 14-19 record, including a 7-3 conference record. The Saints finish 13-6 overall and 10-0 in conference play.
Blythe teamed up with Henrique Leal to get an 8-7 win at #2 doubles. The two finish the season with an 11-7 record, including 8-2 in conference play.
With his 6-4, 6-3 win at #2 singles, Blythe finishes the regular season with a 15-6 singles record, including 9-1 against conference opponents. His 15 wins were a team high.
Belmont Abbey will take on #5 seed North Greenville in the first round of the Conference Carolinas Championships on Friday, April 20 at Sumter, S.C.
Limestone 7, Belmont Abbey 2
1. Federico Garnier (LC) def. James Delaney (BAC) 6-2, 4-6, 6-4
2. Zachary Blythe (BAC) def. Domantas Sadauskas (LC) 6-4, 6-3
3. Emilio Samhan (LC) def. George Barfoot (BAC) 7-6, 6-1
4. Luka Stanec (LC) def. Jose Disotuar (BAC) 6-3, 6-3
5. Guillermo Ortega (LC) def. Carlos Nolasco (BAC) 6-0, 6-4
6. Pierluigi Neri (LC) def. Andres Astudillo (BAC) 6-0, 6-4
1. Federico Garnier / Sacha Terrizzano (LC) def. George Barfoot / James Delaney (BAC) 8-3
2. Zachary Blythe / Henrique Leal (BAC) def. Domantas Sadauskas / Luka Stanec (LC) 8-7
3. Pierluigi Neri / Guillermo Ortega (LC) def. Tomas Pardo / Michal Rapsik (BAC) 8-4