BELMONT, N.C. - The Belmont Abbey field hockey team dropped a 2-1 decision this afternoon against Molloy College. The setback puts The Abbey at 2-4 this season. The Lions are now 7-4.
How it Happened
- Molloy did not score on the Crusaders for the first 10 minutes of what proved to be a defensive contest
- With under 12 minutes to play in the first half, Kristen Perret tied the game with a shorthanded goal off a pass from Demetria Barrow. The game was tied at one at halftime
- The Crusaders came out shooting in the second, taking three shots in the first two minutes
- The Lions scored a man-up goal with just under 22 minutes left to take a 2-1 lead
- Laura Harrison led a defensive unit that gave up just 11 shots on the day. Belmont Abbey took 17 shots
- Paige Hinds made six saves in goal
The Abbey will visit conference opponent Coker College on Wednesday, October 10 for a 7 p.m. contest.